Where to get money advice

Welfare Reform Team

If you are receiving Universal Credit and you think you will struggle to budget for your rent or you already have rent arrears, our Welfare Reform Team can provide you with personal budgeting support. They can advise you about Universal Credit payment arrangements and options for additional financial support based on your circumstances.

If you’re having trouble paying your Council Tax or rent, contact us as soon as possible for advice on any help we may be able to provide.

Welfare Reform Team

020 8724 2115


Welfare benefits advice

Carers Of Barking & Dagenham provides welfare benefits advice, helping ensure carers and their cared for receive the benefits they are entitled to.

Disablement Association of Barking and Dagenham (DABD) has a friendly, helpful team able to help you with questions about benefit and tax credit entitlements.

Disablement Information and Advice Line (DIAL) offers advice and information on benefits and can help you complete forms you need support with in relation to benefits claims.

Citizens’ Advice Bureau offers support for a variety of benefits and money advice, as well as specialist money advice.

Fair Finance provides free debt advice.

Benefit calculator

Use an online benefits calculator to estimate the benefits you may be entitled to.